Tuesday, August 31, 2010

27 year old women should not cry after 10pm.

Really. It does horrible things to you face. The next morning when you wake up your eyes will be all crusty and swollen. And it made my throat hurt worse. The reason I was crying after 10pm? It was the only time I had to do it alone yesterday. I was planning on going back to school in January. I was going to be taking an LPN class schedule. I was finally going to do what I have been wanting to do for several years now. I finally got the courage to go back to school. Got a whole lot of my paper work done. I qualified for Pell for the first time ever. It was going to be great. I could see myself and my family several years down the road with me still being a nurse. It was going to be great. Hard, but great! I got an email yesterday afternoon. It said that I had unpaid government loans that I HAVE to pay before I can receive my Pell. $13,000!!! I was in college in 2005. I have 27 credit hours towards a BA in criminal justice. Justice, ironic huh? I was not able to complete. I had a deal with someone. It was, I go to school, keep my average up and work a full time job and they would pay my $150 a month tuition. Really good deal? I thought so. At least until I was handed all of my paper work and told I was going to have to take care of it from now on. That was even not so bad. I thought. Until I called the school to pay for my next month of classes. Only to be told that I have been withdrawn due to non-payment. What do you mean, I am paying a week early? No, your tuition has not been paid in almost 4 months. 4 MONTHS!!! This was a shock to me. So now $13,000 stand sin the way of me going to a $2,000 school. Everything that I have dreamed of for the last month and a half, all gone. Washed away by a terrible email. Now I don't know what I am going to do. I have resolved myself to know that if all I will ever be is a wife and a mother then I am going to be the BEST on ever.

And a reminder: 27 year old women should not cry after 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Witches' Voice