Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Am Naked

I Have Flaws.  I make mistakes and bad decisions.  I like to think I am honest about my life and even my failings here on my blog, but if you are getting the impression that I am a perfect person then you are very mistaken. I am environmentally aware, but I still have trouble remembering to recycle. I feel like I am a pretty good parent. I try to make sure my boys know about the things around them.I know I miss tons.

Sometimes I Yell.  I try not to, and I know it isn’t the best way to be a parent, but sometimes it happens.  My parents were not really yellers. I know my MIL is a yeller. So I am not sure why I go down that road sometimes.   It is not always my first reaction and I have to remember to take time to breathe and count and think before I speak when I am angry.  I hate this about myself and actively work on making better parenting choices, but sometimes I forget.

Sometimes I Am Lazy. I will sit at my computer and watch my kiddos watch TV. I am a master at passive parenting. Climbing up and laying on the back of the sofa, or the headboard of the bed. I don't really have an issue with it. I let all kinds of things slide in my house.

I Can Be A Perfect Bitch. I heard a joke a few days ago; "A woman and the ocean are similar. They are beautiful, mysterious, vast and deep. And once a month it is shark week." Well believe me, no one is safe in my home. I can be absolutely horrible to my husband. I even pick fights with him sometimes for no reason. Even the kids are not safe during this time.

I Hope And Dream Like No Other. Believe me, I don't always want to live in a 30 foot camper in Milano, Texas. I DO NOT! But this is where I am for now. It does not stop me from looking at homes for sale on Realtor.com. I love doing that. One of my favorite pass times. I want to be the mom who sends her kids off to school and walks over to the fence with a cup of coffee to talk to the neighbor. I want more than anything to go back to school. I will, someday. I hope. I was to be a nurse. I think that would be wonderful for me.

I Am A Fierce Mom And Wife. Do not, I repeat, do not mess with my kids or my husband. You may not live to regret it. My world begins and ends with my Jason, Michael, and Jonathan. I love the SOOOOO much. The only thing that would make that more perfect was if I were to also have a live in girlfriend!

People Can Make Mistakes And Learn From Them.  Usually when people learn better, they try to do better. No one is perfect.  I try so hard to be a good person, I think that we all try to be good/better people..  Writing out my thoughts, feelings and dreams on my blog helps me strive to be a better person.  It makes me feel like it is possible for even (flawed, imperfect, sometimes lazy) me to reach for those ideals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Witches' Voice